March Session Cancelled

In light of the prevailing wisdom on reducing the spread of coronavirus, which can basically be summed up as “don’t leave home unless you have to,” I’m cancelling the March throwing session. Apologies to those of you who are regulars, who missed out in February due to storms, and apologies to those of you who were hoping to turn up for the first time. But it seems wise to be safe.

Stay healthy, and fingers crossed for better news next month.


In a change to our scheduled programme…

Unfortunately, as feared, the forecast for today’s weather is not good: strong winds and heavy rain, both peaking for the duration of session. As a result, for reasons of safety and sanity, there will be no actual throwing today.

However, there is alternative entertainment…

The Scout Hall is supposed to be free – it’s part of the venue reservation – so I’ll be making use of it to practice some rope dart, and I’ll be bringing along a bunch of bullwhips, so if you’re interesting in having a play with either of those, feel free to turn up.

Usual costs apply.

Storm Ciara

Our next throwing session is this coming Saturday, at the slightly later time of 2-4pm. But at time of writing, Storm Ciara is still going to be pounding the UK, so please check Facebook or Twitter on the day, as heavy rain or strong winds would mean we’d have to cancel for safety reasons.

Fingers crossed!

Dates for Spring 2019

We finally have dates for Spring 2019 – see the Upcoming Dates page.

Apologies for the lack of sessions in April, and in June – I’m tied up a lot travelling for work and personal reasons, and the venue is booked solid on the weekends when I’m around.

August is also going to be a non-starter, so I’ll try to get September dates arranged soon.